2.03.2012

Japan Bloom Show at New York's Japan Society

I took a quick trip to the Japan Society earlier this week to see some of the most beautiful flower specimens. More varieties of sweet peas than I could count and amazing displays throughout. Here are some of my favorites.


 Gloriosa Lilies for the main entrance.


 Chocolate Cosmos and yes they actually smell like chocolate!

Scabiosa japonica "Pretty Pearl"
 Over 100 varieties of sweet peas, you could smell them the minute you entered the building. 
My "favor" when I left the show was a bunch of these intoxicating sweet peas, lucky me!! 

 The entire structure is covered using a combination of sweet peas and scabiosa.

 I LOVE these leaves and I'm so happy to finally know the proper name!


 Peony (Paeonia suffructicosa, the pink is "Fukujuden" and the white is "Godaishu".

A combination of blue tweedia with accents of the "crispy wave" leaves shown above.
 Test tubes with single orchid and accent of smilax. This could be a perfect accent for a wedding design, hanging from ceiling or used to accent the chuppuh or ceremony area.

 The arch was made entirely of sweet peas with just a few accents of lisianthus. Wouldn't this make a spectacular entrance to the aisle for a wedding ceremony?

 The image on the left is a structure of made of yellow gloriosa lilies...amazing! 
The simplicity of the smilax hanging from the ceiling in the second picture was perfect and again I can see so many uses for these in the design of a wedding ceremony or reception.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...