4.16.2012

Spring? Summer?

It is spring right? Well it sure feels a lot like summer today and the day has only just begun. I really love the spring and wish it would stick around for a bit longer before those long, hot summer days kick in. They can be equally as enjoyable but I'm just not ready yet...
Anyway, on to the flowers. I headed to the market today feeling like I needed to find some local lilac. You know the kind that smacks you in the face with it's intoxicating aroma? Yes, that kind. With big beautiful flowers that seems so full and lush that they may break right off the stem. Well unfortunately I didn't find any. There was some sad little bits here and there but nothing that made me say yes! you were just what I was looking for. Maybe it's still a bit early in the season or perhaps I was just a little late in the morning but either way I had to shift the gears in my mind and choose something else for my weekly design.
I sort of stuck with the purple idea but added a little lime green for a fresh, crisp feeling. I mixed some tropical flowers, some springy blooms and some aromatic herbs and here's what I came up with....



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...