6.08.2012

Real Wedding: Sarah and Michael

I designed a wedding Memorial Day weekend at the Bellevue Hotel in Philadelphia. It was the second time I worked at the hotel but this time the reception was in the Rose Garden room rather than the Grand Ballroom. While both are lovely spaces I liked the slightly more modern feeling of the 19th floor and the Rose Garden room which was also much better suited for this smaller wedding. I'll post the professional shots as soon as I get them but in the meantime here's a peek at the personal flowers, my favorite thing to design for a wedding.


 I really loved this bouquet!! Lush, romantic white peonies, "Garden Snow" spray roses, "Juliette"  garden roses, mini succulents and peach calla lilies. The ombre peach and ombre gray ribbon were the perfect compliment to the bouquet.

 Let's just say corsages are really not my thing, I'm usually not a fan but I loved the way this turned out. I'm so happy that I didn't try and discourage the bride from her original vision for the bridesmaids. Okay to be honest I did try to change her mind, at first.

Here are my three reasons why: 1) smashed, 2) wilted and 3) beaten, all of which can happen to the flowers while they are swinging around the wrist from the old school elastic wristlet traditionally used to make a corsage. 

But not anymore, these corsage holders allowed me to create more of a flower bracelet, held snugly in place. Picture those "snap" bracelets you had as a kid. You can either tie the ribbon in bow as seen here or leave the streamers to hang from the wrist.
 
So for now I guess I'm a corsage convert...for now.








No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...