8.01.2012

Summer lovin'


I've been a bit lax in posting lately. It happens every once in awhile when all my creative energy is being put into upcoming projects. When I sit down to write a post I come up empty. I want to give you news about what I've been up to, projects we are working on and insights into my little world of flowers...and I stare at the blank screen.

I can't believe it's August already and that the summer will soon be coming to a close. I designed a beautiful wedding last weekend, it was the wedding of a dear friend from college and his lovely new bride. A summery color pallette and an intimate setting at the City Winery created the perfect evening.

I'm off to the Hamptons next wedding for a beach wedding inspired by all the beauty of eastern Long Island and then we will be heading up to Tarrytown for a tented wedding at the historical Lyndhurst.

It will be a busy couple of weeks and I can't wait to share some of the images over the next few months. In the meantime here are some peeks at what has been heading out the studio doors over the last few weeks.

Thanks for stopping by and taking a peek.

 I love how these head garlands turned out using just three elements. Passion vine created the base of the crown with white cymbidium orchids and peach carnations adding color. I attached streamers of white and peach ribbons. One of the brides for this wedding carried a bouquet while the other opted for a wrist corsage. I used a combination of Juliette garden roses, white scabiosa, white lisianthus and the same peach carnations to design the bouquet. Magnolia leaves held special meaning for the couple so I added a few as accents at the base of the bouquet. Regrettably I don't have pictures of the wrist corsage but I used blush callas accented with Magnolia leaves. 

 LOVE this bouquet for an upcoming project...more details to come. 

Stay tuned for more of the prettiness...


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...